Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Greeted by sunshine

There's nothing like walking through the door and being greeted by a burst of yellow. It's so uplifting, happy, and heartwarming. 

I've always wanted a yellow door. I think they are so eye catching, so pretty, and slightly eccentric...heck! I'm all three of those so it's a match made in heaven!

The door originally was red on the outside and white on the inside. But with a little priming and a lot of coats a miracle can happen.



I just think it really makes the room pop and definitely livens up that side of the room. There really wasn't anything wrong with the white door but now after seeing it being yellow I can't imagine it being any other way. In my mind, it kind of sections off that side and makes it a room of its own. (Side Note: Do you see the Christmas wreath on the front door in the top picture and a piece of it in the right of the bottom picture? I took this picture on March 4th and it was purchased on Black Friday! My wreath still smells soooooo good and it's not dying! Might as well keep it up and enjoy it, am I right?)

Now, let's move it on outside.



I love it on the outside even more than the inside and it makes me uber-eager to paint the rest of the outside, but we don't even have colors picked yet, so, on the back burner it goes. Oh well, back to the door. Painting over this red was AWFUL! It was aggravating because it did not want to go away. It took me 5 coats (including the primer) before the red stopped showing through the yellow.

The white you see on the frame is just a primer for now. I decided to go ahead and prime because I couldn't stand looking at the red and the yellow together...blech.



Do you agree with me? These two primary colors do not belong together, especially on our front door.

Although, I am a little worried now about having it pre-primed. The other day, I remember reading that another blogger's paint peeled because they waited too long between priming and painting (for the life of me I can't remember where I read that). So, now I'm nervous. Everyone, cross your fingers for me because painting all the nooks and crannies were a pain in the rear and if I have to do it again I'm going to go bonkers!

Ok, now I need your advice. I feel like the inside is missing something and I can't put my finger on it. Do you like the door and the frame as it is, or, do I need to add something?  Here is the inside again with a couple different angles. Please comment and give me your thoughts; they'd be much appreciated!

P.S. - Don't mind the Frog Tape on the windows, I'm still priming the outside frame.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have questions or comments? I would love to hear your input!

Blogging tips